Below are some activities you can do with your child to support his/ her learning:
- Read every night then ask questions and practice retelling the story.
- Practice speaking in complete sentences.
- Write simple sentences using sight words.
- Practice writing first and last name.
- Count by 1's, 5's, 10's to 100.
- Practice adding and subtracting.
- Practice writing number words one to ten.
- Compare groups of items using more, less or equal.
- Practice shoe tying.
- Practice self help skills such as hand washing, nose blowing, zipping and buttoning clothes.
- Review school expectations.
- Discuss areas in your neighborhood and let your child draw a map.
- Observe the weather and draw a picture. Create a graph for the next two weeks.
- Look at the clouds and ask your child if he/she can see a picture. Let them draw what they see.
- Visit the San Diego Zoo at https://zoo.sandiegozoo.org.